tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Maximilian Stocker <...@talentoyster.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.0 which gets stuck
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 16:43:01 GMT
I don't know what you mean by "We are using Apache Tomcat 5.0 which gets stuck sometimes and
needs a stop and restart" but the stack trace you posted is almost certainly evidence of a
bug in your code.

It's an illegal state exception to try and send an error if you have already sent "normal"
content in some way. Which you almost certainly have.

So the stack trace shows a bug in your code. But what do you mean that tomcat "gets stuck"?
What exact symptoms does this display.

As to the other poster I am not sure what sort of guess that was but there is nothing in that
stack trace relating to broken pipes, timeouts, broken sockets etc. This is an HTTP protocol
error (caused by poorly written code) not a TCP level error.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sumeet Chitte [mailto:chittesumeet@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:19 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Fwd: Tomcat 5.0 which gets stuck

 Hi,

We are using Apache Tomcat 5.0 which gets stuck sometimes and needs a stop
and restart.  We are using Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

Below is the error from the log file,

Kindly provide some solution.

2010-09-07 10:33:38 StandardWrapperValve[IFSCoreServlet]: Servlet.service()
for servlet IFSCoreServlet threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException
 at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteResponseFacade.sendError(CoyoteResponseFacade.java:324)
 at com.infodata.ifs.core.IFSCoreServlet.sendError(IFSCoreServlet.java:1159)
 at com.infodata.ifs.core.IFSCoreServlet.service(IFSCoreServlet.java:1057)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
 at
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

--
Thanks & Regards,
Sumeet G. Chitte | Software Engineer,