tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [OT] RE: Tomcat Consultant
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:29:47 GMT

i agree ..caching works well for previously referenced entities
natural joins work if the column names are identical that is table1.engineering==table2.engineering
but engineering==eng would not work for natural join and consequently fallback to cartesian
join
which would of course slow the query to a crawl

an interesting digression
Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Subject: RE: [OT] RE: Tomcat Consultant
> Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:12:41 -0500
> From: Jeffrey.Janner@PolyDyne.com

the lookup tables and pulled the data fields needed. Essentially though, it was more like
a left-join. To get the effect of a natural join, you had to add a where clause to exclude
lines with null lookup return-values. I'm not sure if you could do a full-join, but I never
had need to.

> Confidentiality Notice: This Transmission (including any attachments) may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

> If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender
or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your system.