tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Host Manager.
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 15:38:46 GMT

could you configure
public static void writeXml( Node n, OutputStream os )         throws TransformerException
 of org.apache.tomcat.util.DomUtil to trap TransformerFactoryConfigurationError
http://cupi2.uniandes.edu.co/site/images/recursos/javadoc/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/TransformerFactory.html#newTransformer%28javax.xml.transform.Source%29

it seems at minumum one of these conditions to be satisifed to properly newInstance the TransformerFactory
?

Use the javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory system property.
Use the properties file "lib/jaxp.properties" in the JRE directory. This configuration file
is in standard java.util.Properties format and contains the fully qualified name of the implementation
class with the key being the system property defined above. The jaxp.properties file is read
only once by the JAXP implementation and it's values are then cached for future use. If the
file does not exist when the first attempt is made to read from it, no further attempts are
made to check for its existence. It is not possible to change the value of any property in
jaxp.properties after it has been read for the first time.
Use the Services API (as detailed in the JAR specification), if available, to determine the
classname. The Services API will look for a classname in the file META-INF/services/javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory
in jars available to the runtime.
Platform default TransformerFactory instance.

?
Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 16:01:26 +0200
> Subject: Re: Host Manager.
> From: wesley.acheson@gmail.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>
> Okay I'm most of the way to a solution but I wouldn't mind if someone
> would take a look at a new WIP class and tell me what needs cleaning.
> Its not quite functional.
>
> Anyone interested?
>
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Wesley Acheson <wesley.acheson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looked at that before not really convinced reworking that is easier
> > than adding in an xml line or two via an xml writer.
> >
> > Willing to be convinced though.
> >
> > Wes

 Only