tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wesley Acheson <wesley.ache...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on SSI
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 23:25:38 GMT
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Marc Chamberlin <marc@marcchamberlin.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Wesley!!! That did the trick, and yes, shtml does not work... But
> this should be ok for our needs, our users don't create .shtml files, and
> this also worked for .jsp and .htm files as well as .html...
Documentation
> on the Tomcat site should be updated to discuss this, IMHO... And it might
> be an interesting exercise to figure out how to make this work for all
files
> if one is looking for exercises... ;-)

For the record, the documentation actually does say it.  You need to know
what mime types are though.

*contentType* - A regex pattern that must be matched before SSI processing
is applied. When crafting your own pattern, don't forget that a mime content
type may be followed by an optional character set in the form "mime/type;
charset=set" that you must take into account. Default is
"text/x-server-parsed-html(;.*)?".

Green emphisis assuming the mailing list allows html mail is mine.

Also as a side note you can have multiple mappings for one filter.So in
production based on your requirements I'd do the following

   <filter-mapping>
       <filter-name>ssi</filter-name>
       <url-pattern>*.html</url-
pattern>
   </filter-mapping>

   <filter-mapping>
       <filter-name>ssi</filter-name>
       <url-pattern>*.htm</url-
pattern>
   </filter-mapping>

   <filter-mapping>
       <filter-name>ssi</filter-name>
       <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-
pattern>
   </filter-mapping>

 That should fix it.  In case your wondering what mime types that are used
in tomcat they are all listed in the web.xml in the conf subfolder of
tomcat.