tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: ThreadLocal and NIO
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 13:57:15 GMT
From: Wesley Acheson [mailto:wesley.acheson@gmail.com]
> Subject: ThreadLocal and NIO

> If I understand it correctly. If we change to use NIO for the
> connectors it isn't thread per request any longer

No, the same thread still processes one request all the way through.  However, there is no
longer one thread per TCP connection, as there is with the blocking connector.  So if a client
is sending multiple requests on one TCP connect (HTTP pipelining), each request of the series
may well be handled by a different thread.

 - Chuck