tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Host Manager.
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 21:49:09 GMT
> From: Wesley Acheson [mailto:wesley.acheson@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Host Manager.

> Honestly I thought there was more than one going from this
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

The files should be created automatically - but only when needed.

> I've just created a host using the host manager.
> And deployed a war. I don't see such a file.

See what such file?

> just the manager.xml

Where is that located?  When I tried it (6.0.29), the host-manager copied its manager.xml
template to conf/Catalina/[newHost]/manager.xml, and put this in it:

<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/manager"
         privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false" antiJARLocking="false">
</Context>

It also automatically created the new appBase directory for the new host.  I did click the
_Start_ button on the line for the new <Host>; don't know if that was needed or not.

> Understood for server.xml is the same true of the context files though?

Since they've never been seen before (brand new <Host>), it won't matter.  But there
really aren't any for the host-manager to create, other than the one for the manager app,
so webapps can be deployed under the new <Host>.

 - Chuck