tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: META - Thread Hijacking
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 21:54:18 GMT
> From: Wesley Acheson [mailto:wesley.acheson@gmail.com]
> Subject: META - Thread Hijacking

> I've seen complaints about thread hijacking but I always see
> them as different threads in my mail client.

Newer e-mail readers tend to ignore much of the SMTP header information and use the subject
line to organize messages instead.  (I suspect this came about due to Microsoft's e-mail clients
blatently violating the relevant RFCs - again.)  People with traditional clients that actually
follow the rules can get unrelated messages lumped together.

> should I be using different software to subscribe
> to the list

Probably not.

> I think I've replied to them (threadjacks) a few times :S

As we all have.

 - Chuck