tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat dies after starting
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 14:19:57 GMT
> From: Wesley Acheson [mailto:wesley.acheson@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat dies after starting

> I know that. I was trying to keep it simple.

The problem with making an unqualified statement is that many people - especially inexperienced
ones - will take it as an absolute, resulting in misconceptions and confusion that might be
carried on for years.

> You can't bind to port 80 (or any port below 1024) as a
> non root user unless you apply a work around.

Better, but I wouldn't qualify it as a work-around, just an appropriate technique; work-around
has the connotation of something temporary.

 - Chuck