tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Ming_Ch...@McAfee.com>
Subject tomcat 7.0.2 single sign on issue
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:25:10 GMT
Hi, there,

I am playing with the latest 7.0.2 and the single sign on part is not working correctly. And
I debugged the problem and found the sso member variable is always null in AuthenticatorBase
class.  Here is the clip of code in this class I  found it may have a problem. This code tries
to find the singlesignon valve through all ancestor container, but all the container don't
implement Pipeline interface. And the pipeline is member variable of ContainerBase. I don't
know if this is a bug or I didn't configure my server.xml correctly.  It seems to me sso will
never get set if I use standardEngine or standardHost.

    protected synchronized void startInternal() throws LifecycleException {

        // Look up the SingleSignOn implementation in our request processing
        // path, if there is one
        Container parent = context.getParent();
        while ((sso == null) && (parent != null)) {
            if (!(parent instanceof Pipeline)) {
                parent = parent.getParent();
                continue;
            }
            Valve valves[] = ((Pipeline) parent).getValves();
            for (int i = 0; i < valves.length; i++) {
                if (valves[i] instanceof SingleSignOn) {
                    sso = (SingleSignOn) valves[i];
                    break;
                }
            }