tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mitch Claborn <mitch...@claborn.net>
Subject Re: Embedded tomcat problem
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:10:51 GMT
> At a guess, you'll need to define the JSP servlet in web.xml if you want
> to handle JSPs. Same goes for the default servlet and static content.
>
> Mark

Mark - I owe you one!  That was it.  Seems like when Tomcat runs
standalone, it merges the contents of conf/web.xml into the
application's web.xml to define the JSP and default servlets.  When
running embedded, that doesn't happen.  I first copied tomcat's
conf/web.xml to mine and that worked great.  I then set Catalina home on
the Embedded instance with the orignal web.xml and that works also.
I'll probably use that second solution long term.

Thanks again.