tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mitch Claborn <mitch...@claborn.net>
Subject Embedded tomcat problem
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:02:59 GMT
Tomcat 6.0.29
sun java 1.6.0_20
Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit

Seems like this should be simple, but can't get it to work.  I'm trying
to run a simple embedded Tomcat inside my program.  Code for starting
the Tomcat is below.  It seems to start OK, based on logging messages,
but whenever I try to access a page
(http://localhost:8000/TestWeb1/index.jsp) using it, I get the standard
Tomcat 404 error page with the message "The requested resource () is not
available.".  The page shows up fine in a normal, standalone Tomcat.
Any help is appreciated.  Been working at this for a while now.

The web app I'm trying to run is the very basic one that is generated by
NetBeans using the Web Application project.  The files in
/home/mclaborn/projects/NetBeans/MMServer/TestWeb1/build are
web
      index.jsp
      META-INF
            context.xml
            MANIFEST.MF
     WEB-INF
           classes
           web.xml

The context.xml contains
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context antiJARLocking="true" path="/TestWeb1"/>

web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd">
<session-config>
<session-timeout>
             30
</session-timeout>
</session-config>
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

Code that starts the embedded Tomcat:

Embedded tomcat = new Embedded();
tomcat.setName("Catalina");

Engine engine = tomcat.createEngine();
engine.setName("Catalina");

Host host = tomcat.createHost("localhost",
"/home/mclaborn/projects/NetBeans/MMServer/TestWeb1/build");

engine.addChild(host);
engine.setDefaultHost(host.getName());

Context context = tomcat.createContext("/TestWeb1",
"/home/mclaborn/projects/NetBeans/MMServer/TestWeb1/build/web");
host.addChild(context);

tomcat.addEngine(engine);

Connector l_connector = tomcat.createConnector("0.0.0.0", 8000, false);
tomcat.addConnector(l_connector);

tomcat.start();