tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: WHY OCCURS THIS ERROR]
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:24:58 GMT
Daniel Mérida wrote:
> If I have loaded succesfully my file whatevername.war, tomcat doesn't
> show any error in Logs and I can access to localhost:8080/whatevername
> without problem . . .
> Why occurs this error?
> Dani

Ok, I will make an effort at imagination, despite your incomplete data (hint).

The error message below appears to be from Apache httpd, not from Tomcat.
So I will imagine that you are trying to access Tomcat through Apache httpd (but you did
not say that).
On the other hand, the httpd error message shows a bunch of modules loaded in Apache, but

not mod_jk.
So you must be trying to pass information from Apache httpd to Tomcat through mod_proxy
(mod_proxy_ajp or mod_proxy_httpd) (but you did not say that either)

Based on this incomplete (and largely guessed) information, I would suspect that your
configuration in Apache is incorrect, and that Apache does not find Tomcat.
So when you send a request to Apache for Tomcat, Apache tries to reach Tomcat, cannot do
it, and after a while it comes back with that error message.

Now if you really want help, I suggest that you make a bit of an effort to describe your
configuration, what you are trying to do, and the problem, so that people here can give
you better help, without having to guess 50%.

> André Warnier wrote:
>> Daniel Mérida wrote:
>>> Anybody knows some reason for this error?
>>>
>>> /Service Temporarily Unavailable
>>> The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
>>> maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
>>> Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny2 with Suhosin-Patch
>>> mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g