tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0 and Windows 7
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:29:10 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Maximilian Stocker [mailto:max@talentoyster.com]
>> Subject: RE: Tomcat 6.0 and Windows 7
>
>> Sorry but no. This statement does not match the
>> "localhost" part you also mentioned.
>
> I'll bite.  Why do you say that?  The "localhost" part of the log file name refers to
the <Host> name attribute, not any particular access from 127.0.0.1.

So now that 3 of us agree that the server does not change, what can be the cause that a
Windows XP client can upload a file, but a Windows 7 client cannot.
And this with both IE and Firefox.
I'll admit I'm stumped.

Julie, is the bigger file which you are trying to upload the same in both cases (from XP
and from Windows 7) ?
Are both PC's in the same network section ?
Is there a firewall or gateway between the clients and the server ?
Are the clients accessing Tomcat directly, or through a front-end like Apache or IIS ?

Fishing for straws..