tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] CI for Tomcat 6 and 7 docs now available
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:25:01 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> If you want to start down this path and see how it goes, I am happy to
>>> talk you through step by step.
>>>
>> I may (hem, probably will) need that at some point.
>> But let me try following the basic steps you outlined, first.

quoting :

If you do get involved then the process would be something along the
lines of:
(one time tasks)
- added : install or update Java JDK .. done
- install svn .. done
- install ant .. done
- checkout source

Ok, I'm here. I have a top directory c:\projects, under which I have already a couple of
(unrelated) SVN repositories.  Assuming I'd like first to have a look at the latest Tomcat

7.0 release, what do I do next ?
I right-clicked on the directory, chose "Tortoise SVN", then "Create repository here", and

it is asking me for a URL.  I do not want to download the whole ASF repository, and not
even all Tomcat versions, so what do I enter ?

- build Tomcat
(per change task)
- change docs
- build Tomcat to test changes
- use svn to create a patch
- create a Bugzilla entry for the patch
- committer reviews and applies the pacth / suggests changes