tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] CI for Tomcat 6 and 7 docs now available
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 15:24:38 GMT
as answer to Mark and Ongjen..

Mark Thomas wrote:

> It is going to get complicated if you don't have a JDK to hand.

The Java JDK is no problem, I have.  My fear was that I would need some C compiler, maybe

for native dll's or so.
My laptop is WinXP, with JDK and Tortoise SVN, and I'll see about Ant. I haven't got the
committer-grade white shiny thing with the apple on it yet.  If you tell me it's easier to

do this from a Linux system however, I've got that too (Debian), just less portable.

> If you want to start down this path and see how it goes, I am happy to
> talk you through step by step.

I may (hem, probably will) need that at some point.
But let me try following the basic steps you outlined, first.

I went through this once with Rainer for some mod_jk documentation, so I should be able to

get past item 1.