tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] CI for Tomcat 6 and 7 docs now available
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:56:35 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Thanks to the infrastructure team (specifically Gavin in this case) we
> now have CI builds of the Tomcat 6 & 7 docs that will update with every
> commit.
>
> They can be found here:
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat6/docs/
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/tomcat/tomcat7/docs/
>
> This got me thinking. I recall at least one (André?) offer to help
> improve the documentation.

Yes, in one of my weaker moments. sigh.

This should make that a little easier,
> particularly for folks here to review the latest changes.
>
> If you do get involved then the process would be something along the
> lines of:
> (one time tasks)
> - install svn
> - install ant
> - checkout source
> - build Tomcat
> (per change task)

Sorry if I ask, but I am really unfamiliar with these things.
Does this involve any actual compiling of code ?
I mean, if the only thing that is changed is some documentation page, it won't I guess.
But would the build break just because there is no compiler available ?

I guess I've just lost all my guru points here.