tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] CI for Tomcat 6 and 7 docs now available
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:02:52 GMT
On 17/09/2010 12:52, Wesley Acheson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> This got me thinking. I recall at least one (André?) offer to help
>> improve the documentation. This should make that a little easier,
>> particularly for folks here to review the latest changes.
>
> I offered to do a generic correction on the building instructions of
> tc7 but haven't found time yet.
>
>> If you do get involved then the process would be something along the
>> lines of:
>> (one time tasks)
>> - install svn
>> - install ant
>> - checkout source
>> - build Tomcat
>> (per change task)
>
> So your saying apply each patch individually and rebuild after each?
> Or am I misreading? and then put the documentation for that patch in.

What I was trying to say was that for each 'change' (could be big or
small) the person working on that change needs to:
- ensure Tomcat still builds with the changes applied (if you mess up
the xml, the build will break)
- provide a patch (could be 1 line, could be 1000 lines)
- add the patch to Bugzilla
- etc

Mark