tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unix domain socket support for AJP connector?
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:32:47 GMT
On 17/09/2010 03:55, David Dabbs wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've looked about (obviously in the wrong places if it exists) for whether
> or not the AJP APR connector supports listening on a Unix domain socket.

It does not.

> This begs another question. Which of the following are the
> highest-performing way to connect Apache and Tomcat:
>
>    mod_proxy_ajp
>    mod_jk
>    mod_proxy_http
>    something else entirely. . .

Pretty much the same. The app running in Tomcat will be the bottleneck,
not the connector.

To repeat what I have said elsewhere on this topic:
*   If you need to encrypt the httpd to Tomcat channel, use mod_proxy_http
* If you need to expose SSL information to your web application, use mod_jk
* If you are already using one of these modules then changing is likely
to cause more hassle than it saves
* Given a completely free choice, I'd use mod_proxy_http just because
the configuration is more consistent with other httpd modules.

Mark