tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex <devns...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to solve "To prevent a memory leak"
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:33:59 GMT
  It seem that moving the MySql driver to $tomcat/lib solves the problem
with the jdbc connection,
buut the problem with quartz still exists.

I'm using tomcat 6.0.29

I wrote a listener :
public class ServletContextAttribListener implements
ServletContextListener, ServletContextAttributeListener {

     public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent e) {
         System.out.println("Context "+ e.getServletContext() +"
initialized");
     }

     public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent e) {
         System.out.println(e.getServletContext().toString());
     }

     public void attributeAdded(ServletContextAttributeEvent e) {
         System.out.println("Added attribute "+ e.getName()+" with value
"+e.getValue());
     }

     public void attributeRemoved(ServletContextAttributeEvent e) {
         System.out.println("Removed attribute "+ e.getName()+" with
value "+e.getValue());
     }

     public void attributeReplaced(ServletContextAttributeEvent e) {
         System.out.println("Replaced attribute "+ e.getName()+" with
value "+e.getValue());
     }
}

to check what is loaded but all what comes out is:

Added attribute
org.springframework.web.context.support.ServletContextScope with value
org.springframework.web.context.support.ServletContextScope@13c2d7f
Added attribute
org.springframework.web.context.WebApplicationContext.ROOT with value
Root WebApplicationContext: startup date [Thu Sep 16 16:32:12 CEST
2010]; root of context hierarchy
Context org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContextFacade@ec0b80 initialized

Alex

Am 2010-09-16 15:37, schrieb Caldarale, Charles R:
>> From: Alex [mailto:devnsl01@gmail.com]
>> Subject: How to solve "To prevent a memory leak"
>> The webapp work as it should, but on shutdown or restart the apache
>> tomcat server I always get following output.
>> The webapp is not stopped and I have to kill the process manually.
>> How can I solve this?
> Fix your webapp to properly dispose of any threads it starts.  Since your webapp started
them, it's up to your webapp to stop them.  You probably want to use an appropriate lifecycle
listener (as defined in the servlet spec) to do the necessary housekeeping.