tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] session-timeout not taking effect
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:29:28 GMT
Debbie Shapiro wrote:
> Exactly. We have to follow FDA guidelines for validation of OTS software and our validation
expert is testing for this now. We want to make sure that security is in place that if the
app is left alone for a period of time other users won't have access to it.

Well in that case why don't you set the testing workstation to time out after 5 minutes of

inactivity, lock up the screen and request a login to wake up ?

The infamous "this workstation is in use and has been locked" message, which I love so
much when I am installing software at a validated customer, go get a coffee, come back to

find my screen locked up, and find out that the person who unlocked it before has now gone

out for lunch.