tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Adding Transfer Encoding header if not present
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:45:31 GMT
On 15/09/2010 20:39, Amit Puri wrote:
> Hi All
> I am using tomcat 6.0.26
> I've got a simple web application deployed where I am printing all header
> information through servlet. By default I am not able to see
> Transfer-Encoding header when I do request.getHeader
> Enumeration enm = request.getHeaderNames();
> while (enm.hasMoreElements()) {
> String headerName = (String) enm.nextElement();
> String headerValue = request.getHeader(headerName);
> out.println(headerName);
> out.println(headerValue);
> }
> Could anybody please guide me how to get header information related to
> Transfer Encoding? What are the ways we can add this header info if it is
> not present by default?

You can't. Transfer encoding is a per-link header so there is no
guarantee anything you set on Tomcat will ever be seen by a client.

I'd add that the TE headerer is not mandatory and any client that thinks
otherwise is badly broken.

What are you actually trying to achieve?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message