tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] session-timeout not taking effect
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:34:06 GMT
Debbie Shapiro wrote:
> Sorry, I probably wasn't very clear in that email. I created a second IE instance and
navigated to another page in that instance (suggestion made on another email here) to see
if that would cause Tomcat to see the first page as inactive. It didn't.

Allright, that makes more sense then.

Now another question also just by curiosity : given that the developers of that
application have apparently taken pains that the session would /not/ expire while the page

is being displayed, why do you want it to expire ?
Is it so that the browser would not inadvertently stay open and logged-in while the user
is off getting a coffee ?