tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Juha Laiho <Juha.La...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Class unloading in tomcat - PermGen Space
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:14:04 GMT
On 09/14/2010 07:21 PM, shivanic wrote:
> We have already increased the max perm gen size - but that is not a
> permanent solution. As in, if the count of jsp's in the application which is
> already in a few thousands - increases twicefold - again the same problem
> would arise.

JSPs do not appear uncontrollably, I would think, but as a result of
an application change. When that change happens, it would be time
to review the permgen size to see if the allocation is large enough.

So, it seems to be a problem of controlling the change, and being
able to test the results of the change. For your application, this
sounds like a need to be able to visit all (or at least majority of)
JSPs included in the application.

One thing to the list, however; would it be possible to have something
in the code to cause a memory leak that would eat up permgen space?

--
..Juha