tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat AJP APR connector to mod_jk can result in SEND_BODY_CHUNK message after END_RESPONSE message, was Re: unusual mod_jk 1.2.30 log messages
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:41:24 GMT
On 09/13/2010 07:15 PM, Brett Delle Grazie wrote:

> Our problem is that in a servlet that retrieves a file that is then sent
> to the client we are receiving a 'flush' message _after_ the
> END_RESPONSE message. On the next request, mod_jk sees this a breach in
> the protocol, closes the socket and results in poor performance and
> missed requests.

The workaround would be to drop any flush messages
after the END_RESPONSE check.

However, this is obvious error of the server side.
END_RESPOSE in AJP protocol reflects the Socket.close()
so any flush (or read or write) on that socket would
throw an exception if the non-AJP protocol was used
inside that servlet/stream.

Detaching AJP streams from the servlet and using them
as a OutputStream is not very well handled in Tomcat.
I suppose if using APR the entire thing would even crash the JVM.

Trying to deal with that on mod_jk side would have my strong -1.

Regards
--
^TM