tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Multi level webapp
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 15:57:44 GMT
On 09/09/2010 16:30, Wesley Acheson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Mark Thomas <> wrote:
>> On 09/09/2010 14:21, Wesley Acheson wrote:
>>> Oscar,
>>> I've only one last suggestion if you need it to work this way. And
>>> that would be to front tomcat with apache httpd.
>>> Use mod_proxy_http or similar along with a rewrite rule.
>> Bad idea. I have seen far too many apps break in all sorts of weird and
>> wonderful ways when you change the context path in your reverse proxy.
> I assume this is all on the application vendors fault, not tomcats?

It depends. You have to design the app with the requirement for a
reverse proxy to change the path in mind. Even then, they'll be a heap
of stuff you have no choice but to fix in the proxy. It is usually far
easier just to not change the context path.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message