tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2 second delays in mod_jk while "maintaining workers"
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:45:44 GMT
On 09/09/2010 03:22 PM, John Baker wrote:
> On Thursday 09 September 2010 13:59:50 you wrote:
>>>
>>> If that doesn't help, it's obvious the Tomcat
>>> doesn't close the socket, so should be investigated
>>> why. Like said before, either the Tomcat doesn't
>>> respond to shutdown or the shutdown's FIN packet
>>> isn't send to the Tomcat or back to mod_jk,
>>> due to some weird OS networking issues.
>>>

> I think there's been rather a lot of speculation on this problem :-)
>
> The change to fds.events appears to be working!  Thanks.

Nice.

> I'm somewhat surprised this hasn't been picked up anytime before?  We can't be the only
people deploying hundreds of worker threads/JBoss instances, and there are no firewalls between
mod_jk/JBoss.  I guess it's possible the AJP thread on one sever was 'stuck'.

It depends on the OS networking layer thought.
POLLIN should be just enough to fire the poll if the socket was closed.

> Do you fancy putting that change into the next release of mod_jk?

Sure.
I'll have to make some faulty AJP connector in Tomcat
that will close the socket after some timeout,
and see if that event wasn't propagated from our
socket.

Regards
--
^TM