tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2 second delays in mod_jk while "maintaining workers"
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:34:40 GMT
On 09/09/2010 02:09 PM, John Baker wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Can you tell me why this if statement exists:
>
>          if (poll(&fds, 1, timeout)>  0)
>         {
>         }
>         else
>            break;
>
> It appears to be at fault.

poll returns positive number if there is some data to
read on the socket.
It returns 0 in case of timeout (two seconds in this case).

Try to change
fds.events = POLLIN;
fds.events = POLLIN | POLLHUP | POLLERR;

If that doesn't help, it's obvious the Tomcat
doesn't close the socket, so should be investigated
why. Like said before, either the Tomcat doesn't
respond to shutdown or the shutdown's FIN packet
isn't send to the Tomcat or back to mod_jk,
due to some weird OS networking issues.

Regards
--
^TM