tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: pool error timeout waiting for idle object
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 09:01:45 GMT
On 09/09/2010 07:57, sasidhar prabhakar wrote:
> My application sometimes responding very slow.
> When I observed the logs, it is showing these lines
> Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object.

> The maximum connections on oracle I set 150.

>   maxActive="200"

That doesn't look right.

There are lots of things that could be going on here and you have
provided very little in the way of information. Questions it would be
helpful to have the answers to include:

- Tomcat version
- Oracle version
- Oracle JDBC driver type and version
- Number of connections from Tomcat reported by Oracle when this happens
- What does a thread dump show those connections are doing

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message