tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Problems with SSI
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 00:20:38 GMT
jeffo1b wrote:
> I've tried following all of the advice in the previous threads, but I'm up
> against a wall here.
>
> I have added <Context privileged="true> to my context.xml
> In the same directory, i have uncommented the SSI Filter as well as the
> Filter mapping and the *.shtml mime mapping in web.xml.  see below:

Hi.

I have not really followed the discussion so far, but something sounds iffy in what you
say above : the "in the same directory" part.
The "web.xml" and "context.xml" files of a web application should not be in the same
directory, as far as I recall.
I believe it is :
$CATALINA_BASE/webapps/your-webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
$CATALINA_BASE/webapps/your-webapp/META-INF/context.xml

Can you re-check exactly what the previous helpers told you, to see if you did not miss
something there ?

And/or browse through this page :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/deployer-howto.html

(although if your are not an IT guy, I feel that you are not going to enjoy this. But at
least it shows the locations of things, which you could compare with yours).

(And $CATALINA_BASE/ means "the top directory of the Tomcat installation").