tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Tomcat Warning about existing attribute for Host
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 06:00:00 GMT
On 08/09/2010 06:37, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> From: Anthony J. Biacco []
> Subject: RE: Tomcat Warning about existing attribute for Host
> I think those flags are only valid in the Context blocks now.
> There are getters and setters in the 7.0 catalina.startup.HostConfig class for the xmlNamespaceAware
and xmlValidation attributes (along with everything else in <Host>), but that class
is only used by the host-manager webapp for dynamically created hosts, not statically defined

Not any more. I just removed those from the 7.0.x code base. Thanks for
the heads up.

> The OP should just remove the attributes.

And not copying server.xml from one major version to another would help too.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message