tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <>
Subject Re: How to Throttle Tomcat request
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:48:46 GMT
On 07/09/2010 14:48, wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tomcat-6.0.26 running on OS-WinXP-Version 2000-Sp2.
> My question is How to configure Tomcat server to throttle API request to prevent potential
DoS attacks?

Tomcat doesn't have any specific configuration which will enable you to
do this, beyond specifying the number of threads per connector/executor
and adjusting the backlog.

Furthermore, the operating system supplies the network service so the OS
will still suffer from the attack, even if you limit the number of
connections in Tomcat.

It's better to defend this type of attack before the server, not on it.

View raw message