tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat http connectors
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:06:56 GMT
On 07/09/2010 16:49, Tom Jones wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to figure out which http connector is best suited for my needs. I was looking
around for some info on anything that compares them all but I really did no find much.

> Out of the three connectors listed can someone please help me understand which I should
be using. I'm running Tomcat 6.0.26 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 64bit with Java 1.6.x. I'm using SSL
directly to Tomcat. I read that it was faster than using Apache as the front-end. Oh yea,
almost all of my content is dynamic, almost no static content at all.

> Http11Protocol
> Http11AprProtocol
> Http11NioProtocol
>
> Maybe I should also ask, should I even be messing around with changing the connector
type?

If you are using SSL, then the APR/native connector is your best choice.

Mark