tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: 2 second delays in mod_jk while "maintaining workers"
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 10:38:29 GMT
On 07.09.2010 12:29, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 09/07/2010 12:09 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>
>> Are we sure, that those log lines are correct? This was generated by
>> mod_jk 1.2.30 without any code changes, right?
>>

> The other option would be to set JkWatchdogInterval 60
> In that case wc_maintain would happen in separate thread
> without observable request delay.
> However the JK_LOCK would still block the connection.
> Think we should fix that by just invalidating the
> sockets, and then closing them in the watchdog thread. WDYT?

I'm going to answer his other mail. Since he has trace log, I'm still
interested to understand, why the socket close was logged *before* the
maintain. After this is understood, moving the whole thing to the
maintain could be a good solution (and not holding the lock while
shutting down the socket).

Regards,

Rainer