tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2 second delays in mod_jk while "maintaining workers"
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 10:13:07 GMT
On 09/07/2010 11:53 AM, John Baker wrote:
> TM,
>
> On Tuesday 07 September 2010 09:47:17 you wrote:
>> If you have enough resources, try to disable
>> connectionTimeout on AJP connector and see weather
>> the same will happen again.
>
> I've removed the connectionTimeout attribute and the problem persists - I can see the
"lingering bytes in 2 sec" messages as before.

OK. The next one would be the tcpdump during that
interval to see actually the status of the sockets
both on mod_jk and JBoss boxes.

It's obvious that

shutdown(socket, SHUT_WR)
poll(socket, 2 seconds)
close(socket)

caused poll call to time out, meaning that
the JBoss side didn't respond to the
shutdown(socket, SHUT_WR) call by
closing it's side of the connection.

BTW, do you have "lingering bytes in 0 sec" messages
in your log or lower then 2 sec?

Regards
--
^TM