tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2 second delays in mod_jk while "maintaining workers"
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 08:47:17 GMT
On 09/07/2010 10:11 AM, John Baker wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 September 2010 08:59:27 you wrote:
>> It means that socket shutdown failed.
>> Do you have firewall between mod_jk and JBoss or some non-standard
>> network driver (e.g running under some VM)?
>
> We are using VMs but there should be no firewall.  I should probably re-iterate that
the problem is occassional.

See Rainer's comment on howto provide a useful log section.
Hard to tell what's actually going underneath.

If you have enough resources, try to disable
connectionTimeout on AJP connector and see weather
the same will happen again.
Shooting blanks here cause transient errors are pretty
hard to debug. It might be that the AJP connection is
closed by JBoss side by connectionTimeout just at the
time when maintain is about to do the same on the
mod_jk side. Eliminating connectionTimeout would
share some more light.

Regards
--
^TM