tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Web App - Strange issue. Requires 2 restart for SSO mode to work
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 08:06:03 GMT
On 02/09/2010 05:08, AVSUNIL wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a small web application deployed on Tomcat server and is is working
> pretty fine, except in one mode. The web application is available through 2
> modes of links - one is regular and other is Single Sign On based.
>
> Here is the sample directory structure:
> Tomcat
>   	webapps
> 		MyApp
> 			WEB-INF
> 				web.xml
> 				jsp
> 					myapp.jsp
> 		MyApp.war
>   	bin
>   	logs
>   	conf
> 		web.xml
>
> Deployment Procedure:
> Stop the server
> Copy the new war to webapps replacing the old one
> remove the complete diretcory of MyApp recursively (rm -rf MyApp)
> start the server
>
> Issue:
> We try both the links of application. The normal one works just fine first
> time itself. The SSO link shows up the directory listings page of webapps
> directory showing the MyApp.war and MyApp directory link.
> Now all we need to workaround this is just stop the server again and then
> start it. Surprisingly both SSO mode link and normal works totally fine.
> This is recurring problem. Is there a proper permanent fix to this?
>
> Please note the web.xml in Tomcat/conf directory has below
> <servlet>
> <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
> <init-param>
> <param-name>listings</param-name>
> <param-value>true</param-value>
> </init-param>
> </servlet>
> <welcome-file-list>
> <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
> <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
> <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
> </welcome-file-list>
>
> Please note the web.xml in Tomcat/webapps/MyApp/WEB-INF directory has below
> <welcome-file-list>
> <welcome-file>myapp.jsp</welcome-file>
> </welcome-file-list>

This welcome-file won't be discovered in myapp/WEB-INF/jsp, it must be
myapp/myapp.jsp.

> The application has only myapp.jsp and none of index.* files

It would probably be best just to call it 'index.jsp', no?

> myapp.jsp is as below

That looks like an incorrect attempt at a 'meta refresh' tag and largely
a waste of a file.

Is there a reason why you didn't just make the 'who.do' URL a welcome-file?