tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom H <...@limepepper.co.uk>
Subject multiple Context elements in conf/context.xml file
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 17:47:31 GMT

my existing conf/context.xml file has already a <Context> element;
<Context>
</Context>

I would like to add another to allow access to the /manager/status
location to my monitoring, however adding a new Context element like so;

conf/context.xml
----
<Context>
</Context>
<Context path="/manager" privileged="true"
         docBase="/usr/share/tomcat6/webapps/manager">
         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
                allow="127\.0\.0\.1"/>
</Context>
----

breaks the xml, as I presume that file needs a single root element to
lint/parse ok
SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 6 column 2: The markup in the document
following the root element must be well-formed.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the
root element must be well-formed.
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)

Any suggestions on how to add that?

Thanks,
Tom