tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Anyone????? intermittent javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Invalid padding tomcat6.x axis 1.4 jdk 1.5 linux
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:55:40 GMT
Michele Mase' wrote:
> Both windoz and linux use the same java :(

Well no, they are NOT the same, even if they have the same version.
The "Windows java JVM" is a Windows executable program (java.exe).  The Linux java JVM is

a Linux executable program.  Each is compiled from presumably much the same code, but
there are significant differences between them, such as for example the fact that they are

linked to different native libraries (DLLs under Windows, .so libraries under Unix/Linux).

So a bug can exist in one, and not in the other.
And code that has to do with TCP/IP and SSL is likely quite different under each platform.

Anyway, java 1.5.0 is quite old.
 From the java website :

J2SE 5.0 End of Service Life Notice
J2SE 5.0 reached its End of Service Life (EOSL) on November 3, 2009, which is the date of

the final publicly available update of version 5.0 (J2SE 5.0 Update 22).

You should try a recent 1.6 release (1.6.21 ?), and see if the problem still exists.
Or you can continue posting the same question on this forum every couple of months, but it

is unlikely that anyone would be very interested in investigating much further, until you

try it and report that the issue appears in a recent JVM too.