tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Anyone????? intermittent javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Invalid padding tomcat6.x axis 1.4 jdk 1.5 linux
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:01:26 GMT
Hi.

 From what I can see below (and what you explain yourself), this problem has nothing to do

with Tomcat.  It is the (your) webapp which uses an SSL connection to some other server,
and which receives this exception.  Tomcat does not even know that this is happening.
Tomcat in this case is just the engine which runs your webapp.

What may have something to do with the error, is the java JVM which is used to run both
Tomcat and your webapp.  Have you tried updating the JVM to a more recent version (like
1.6) ? You can run the same Tomcat (and your webapp) under the newer JVM without any change.

The reason why it happens under Linux and not under Windows, is most probably because the

JVM is different.