tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <>
Subject Re: Best practice to upgrade (redeploy) .war files
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 08:18:10 GMT

I just use Tomcat Manager webapp: undeploy and deploy without restarting
Tomcat. It brings no downtime to other webapps/hosts on the same Tomcat,
and downtime of the webapp itself is few seconds per deploy.

This is acceptable for me, since the server load is really low.

If a webapp cleans up after itself, it will cause no problems on