tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: META - Thread Hijacking
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:03:34 GMT
On 02/09/2010 01:47, Len Popp wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 19:08, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.kolinko@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you ever searched the list archives?
>
> Good idea...
> http://tomcat.markmail.org/search/?q=hijack#query:hijack%20list%3Aorg.apache.tomcat.users+page:1+state:facets
> More than 700 messages! Really, is there a reason they all need to be
> sent to everyone??

Konstantin gave a reason:

"I appreciate those complaints being on the list, so that I
won't waste my time replying (and increasing the mess)."

Not all of the regular responders on this list read it in a threaded
format, so it's hard for them to see which are THs.

I send on and off-list messages - but the latter largely relies on me
being the first, prompt responder and I can't guarantee I'll be that
every time.

I've considered sending a shorthand to mark the list messages as 'leave
alone', but it requires foreknowledge of the shorthand and is still spammy.