tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marc Chamberlin <m...@marcchamberlin.com>
Subject Re: Question on SSI
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 23:16:31 GMT
  On 9/1/2010 3:35 PM, Wesley Acheson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Marc Chamberlin
> <marc@marcchamberlin.com>  wrote:
>>   On 9/1/2010 1:46 PM, Wesley Acheson wrote:
>>> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Marc Chamberlin
>>> <marc@marcchamberlin.com>    wrote:
>>> Have you tried modifying this section?
>>>
>>>      <filter-mapping>
>>>          <filter-name>ssi</filter-name>
>>>          <url-pattern>*.shtml</url-pattern>
>>>      </filter-mapping>
>>>

>>> To look more like this
>>>
>>>      <filter-mapping>
>>>          <filter-name>ssi</filter-name>
>>>          <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
>>>      </filter-mapping>
>> Thanks Wesley for taking the time to answer, much appreciated!  Yes, I have
>> tried this filter mapping / url-pattern with no joy.  Also have tried a
>> url-pattern of *.html and no joy either....
>>> Also change the section
>>>          <init-param>
>>>            <param-name>contentType</param-name>
>>>            <param-value>text/x-server-parsed-html(;.*)?</param-value>
>>>          </init-param>
>>>
>>> The param-value must be a regular expression that will meet the
>>> following mime types
>>> text/x-server-parsed-html or text/html. My regular expressions aren't
>>> great so I'll leave that for an exercise.
> Hi Marc,
>
> Okay the suggestion was to do these two changes in conjunction with
> one another as I understand it the mapping says what URLS this is
> applied on and the init-param says what the mime type has to be.
>
> To test simply, just to see if we are on the right track try chaning
> the filter-mapping as above, but change
>
>           <init-param>
>             <param-name>contentType</param-name>
>             <param-value>text/x-server-parsed-html(;.*)?</param-value>
>           </init-param>

>           <init-param>
>             <param-name>contentType</param-name>
>             <param-value>text/html(;.*)?</param-value>
>           </init-param>
>
> And test it on a html page. If I'm right it will work but shtml won't.
>   Really need a regularexpression writer.
Thanks Wesley!!! That did the trick, and yes, shtml does not work... But
this should be ok for our needs, our users don't create .shtml files,
and this also worked for .jsp and .htm files as well as .html...
Documentation on the Tomcat site should be updated to discuss this,
IMHO... And it might be an interesting exercise to figure out how to
make this work for all files if one is looking for exercises... ;-)