tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marc Chamberlin <m...@marcchamberlin.com>
Subject Re: Question on SSI
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 22:24:42 GMT
  On 9/1/2010 1:46 PM, Wesley Acheson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Marc Chamberlin
> <marc@marcchamberlin.com>  wrote:
> Have you tried modifying this section?
>
>      <filter-mapping>
>          <filter-name>ssi</filter-name>
>          <url-pattern>*.shtml</url-pattern>
>      </filter-mapping>
>

> To look more like this
>
>      <filter-mapping>
>          <filter-name>ssi</filter-name>
>          <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
>      </filter-mapping>
Thanks Wesley for taking the time to answer, much appreciated!  Yes, I
have tried this filter mapping / url-pattern with no joy.  Also have
tried a url-pattern of *.html and no joy either....
> Also change the section
>          <init-param>
>            <param-name>contentType</param-name>
>            <param-value>text/x-server-parsed-html(;.*)?</param-value>
>          </init-param>
>
> The param-value must be a regular expression that will meet the
> following mime types
> text/x-server-parsed-html or text/html. My regular expressions aren't
> great so I'll leave that for an exercise.
Yeah, neither are mine ;-) ...  The trouble with reg expressions is that
there are a lot of variants and documentation does not clarify just
whose reg expr parser is being used. I usually assume GNU, but been bit
so many times by that assumption that I can never be sure.  So I don't
know how to modify this either....
> I think this should work with html and htm. I'm not so sure about JSP,
> hopefully someone else can clear this up.
>
> Note there is an overhead with scanning all your files for SSI
> comments but I don't think it should be too bad. Again someone more
> experienced should be able to answer.
>> Searches (lots of em!) on the internet have not provided me with an answer,
>> though I have gotten hints that it is doable.  Could some kind guru help me
>> grok this and guide me to the light?  Many thanks in advance....
>>
>>     Marc Chamberlin
>>

> Note I got this info from reading the web.xml that came with tomcat 6
> it may be different depending on your version.
Yeah I read, but did not grok...   Marc..