tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marc Chamberlin <m...@marcchamberlin.com>
Subject Question on SSI
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 20:13:20 GMT
  Hello -  I am running a Tomcat6.0 server both stand-alone and with
Eclipse, and am in the process of developing a webapp that I will want
to make available to all our users via a server side include statement.
I have this working in a limited sense, in that I got it working using
the filter version but was unsuccessful getting the servlet version
working, which is acceptable. (I am not clear on what the real
difference between the two approaches is, documentation is non-existent
as far as I could find).

Anywise, what I have working, works so long as the <!--#include
virtual="somefile.html" --> is in a .shtml file, but this will be
unacceptable. I need this feature to also work from inside normal .html
and .htm as well as .jsp files as that is what our users will expect. I
have fooled around with the filter-mapping segment in the server's
web.xml file but so far no joy in finding a solution.

Searches (lots of em!) on the internet have not provided me with an
answer, though I have gotten hints that it is doable.  Could some kind
guru help me grok this and guide me to the light?  Many thanks in
advance....

     Marc Chamberlin