tomcat-users mailing list archives

From michel <>
Subject Re: URL Rewrite
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2010 22:23:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hassan Schroeder" <>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <>
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2010 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: URL Rewrite

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 8:38 AM, André Warnier <> wrote:
> The right solution would be to make sure that all the relative links in
> your
> pages, when they are interpreted by the browser and requested from the
> server, are also being caught by the rewriting mechanism on the server,
> and
> properly redirected to where they should.

Or, uh, just don't *ever* use relative links, period.

Sorry, but I don't understand why. In most cases relative links are great,
simply because they are 'self-updating' when the page gets moved.
Hard-coding is a last-resort solution.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message