tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Baker <jba...@javasystemsolutions.com>
Subject Re: 2 second delays in mod_jk while "maintaining workers"
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:47:57 GMT
Hello,

I've spent a week looking into mod_jk, Apache, etc., and the problem appears to be due to
a bug in the AJP connector within JBoss:

https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBPAPP-366

This bug is not fixed in the latest release of JBoss 4.2.3, which is rather disappointing.
 After downloading the jbossweb-2.0.1-GA source from subversion, patching, recompiling with
Java 1.5 (if you want it to work on the Java 1.5 and 1.6 versions of JBoss 4.2.3), the problem
disappears.

While solving this problem, I identified the need for a debug statement to be generated from
mod_jk when the poll(..) fails, i.e. waited 2 seconds and discovered the socket was not being
shut properly.  Mladen has kindly added this to the next release.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed and if I have any further updates, I will let you know.

John