tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Baker <jba...@javasystemsolutions.com>
Subject Re: 2 second delays in mod_jk while "maintaining workers"
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:22:24 GMT
On Thursday 09 September 2010 13:59:50 you wrote:

> > If that doesn't help, it's obvious the Tomcat
> > doesn't close the socket, so should be investigated
> > why. Like said before, either the Tomcat doesn't
> > respond to shutdown or the shutdown's FIN packet
> > isn't send to the Tomcat or back to mod_jk,
> > due to some weird OS networking issues.

I think there's been rather a lot of speculation on this problem :-)

The change to fds.events appears to be working!  Thanks.

I'm somewhat surprised this hasn't been picked up anytime before?  We can't be the only people
deploying hundreds of worker threads/JBoss instances, and there are no firewalls between mod_jk/JBoss.
 I guess it's possible the AJP thread on one sever was 'stuck'.

Do you fancy putting that change into the next release of mod_jk?