tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Richard G Curry" <>
Subject RE: help tomcat
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 15:12:02 GMT
I had a similar problem when I first setup my Java development environment to work on servlets
and I was missing the Servlets classes. From the message you report, it seems that you are
missing the JavaServer Faces classes. Go to the Oracle web site
to get more info and access to these.

Rick Curry
Common Services -  Software Development
E2 - 066, MS 5210
972-431-9178 (Voice)
972-585-7585 (Pager)
To send a (short) Text Message to my Pager:

-----Original Message-----
From: michel []
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 5:36 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: help tomcat

----- Original Message -----
From: "paola bianchi" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 6:31 AM
Subject: help tomcat

> Hello,
> I'm using Tomcat 5.5, I'm new in Tomcat and web application world
> I'm trying to make a web application on Tomcat.
> I downloaded source code of a Web Application using JSF, from the site
> I put the webapp into Tomcat, tried to lanch the HelloWorld webapp but I
> encountered the following exception:
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class
> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet or a class it depends on................
> How may I see which jdk I associated to the Tomcat installation?
> Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english
> Paola

You can try the command "java -version".

material.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message