tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Miller, Kevin R" <kevin.r.mil...@lmco.com>
Subject Random file generation
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:06:23 GMT
I am running Tomcat 6.0.26 on a Solaris 10 system.  The Tomcat server is configured to listen
to HTTPS communications on port 8443.  When browsing to the Tomcat server remotely using the
following syntax everything works as expected:
https://10.10.10.10:8443/

If however we accidentally leave out the "s" in https like this:
http://10.10.10.10:8443/

The Tomcat server responds with a 7 byte .exe file to download.  Each time we make the request
again it generates a new .exe file with a different name (cd64dni2.exe or z0v8671g.exe for
example).  The exe fail fails to execute on a windows system.   The contents of all of the
exe files are exactly the same (binary data)

If I run an od on the file I get the following:
$od cd64dni2.exe
0000000 001425 000001 001002 000012
0000007

Can anyone explain what this file is and why it is getting generated?