tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shantanu Pavgi <pa...@uab.edu>
Subject no response although process is running
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:58:09 GMT

I am running into an issue where tomcat is not responding to any requests, but server process
appears to be running fine. Following is the system config:  CentOS 5.4, Sun JDK 1.5 and Tomcat
5.5.28 (not CentOS packaged, from tomcat site).

A tcpdump on http listener port shows activity when a request is received, but there is no
activity in tomcat logs. I have enabled FastCommonAccessLogValve in server.xml and that doesn't
show any requests as well. I had to restart tomcat to continue development activity and it
is working fine now, but this has occurred many times in last couple of weeks. Any pointers
on debugging this further would be really helpful? Any particular logging config that I should
look into?

--
Thanks,
Shantanu.